Anxiety and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often go hand in hand. In fact, around 30% of children, and 50% of adults, who have ADHD also have anxiety. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to identify anxiety in those with ADHD, which makes it harder to treat. There are some similar symptoms, although there are different ones that can help differentiate the two. If you or someone you know exhibits these symptoms, you can check out Brillia reviews for remedies that help manage both conditions.
What Are Common Anxiety & ADHD Symptoms?
Some symptoms that are commonly found with anxiety and ADHD include difficulty concentrating, restlessness, and the inability to relax. Otherwise, each condition generally has specific symptoms associated with it. Common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Chronic worrying
- Fear of new things
- Difficulty sleeping
- Fear with no cause
- Stomachaches or headaches
Common ADHD symptoms that may indicate the need for Brillia ADHD include:
- Difficulty finishing tasks
- Inability to focus for extended periods of time
- Difficulty following directions
- Trouble listening
Natural Remedies for Anxiety & ADHD
There are prescription medications for both ADHD and anxiety, but they come with nasty side effects. Instead, try these natural remedies.
1. Therapy: Common therapy techniques for both conditions include cognitive and behavioral. Rather than get rid of the conditions, therapy helps one to manage the symptoms and develop routines to cope with fears. For some people, therapy is combined with prescription use.
2. Nutrition: Nutrition plays a big role in managing symptoms. In general, someone should limit processed foods, reduce caffeine consumption, limit sugar, eat more protein, avoid artificial ingredients, and eat organic whole foods. Certain vitamins and minerals are also beneficial. These include vitamins A, B, C, and E; zinc; iron; magnesium; and fish oil. Herbs, such as chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, passionflower, and valerian root, are also helpful.
3. Activity: Movement is important for managing both anxiety and ADHD symptoms. Regular exercise helps with impulse control, attention, willpower, focus, and memory.
4. Homeopathic remedies: As an alternative to unsafe prescription drugs, homeopathic medication has been shown to help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and ADHD. Made with natural ingredients that work with your body, they are safe and effective. There are remedies for ADHD as well as natural anxiety medication for children.
5. Relaxation techniques: Learning to relax can help with both conditions. This may include meditation or deep breathing exercises. These techniques help focus the mind and regulate breathing, which is especially a problem in those with anxiety. Doing something relaxing for 30 minutes a day has been found to be the most effective.
Anxiety and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are common in adults and children, and having both together is not unusual. Getting the appropriate treatment as soon as possible is important to minimize their impact on life, school, and work. The first step is to identify symptoms to determine the best treatment. The good news is that both can be managed with natural remedies that are safe and fairly easy to do.